Tonight Jake was working late. Gusley was in the lounge reading, Emmett was fast asleep, the two middles were each in their beds and I was laying with Ivy, and we were just finishing telling our whole body goodnight when we heard a loud roar and felt the house shake from under us. Gus yelled out immediately "what was THAT?" Followed by, "was that what I think it was? An EARTHQUAKE?" Ivy was nearly asleep and did not make a peep. Mabel freaked a wee bit and was ready to jump her bunk and come down.
Luckily it wasn't anything to shake the shelves over here, but others say they felt a pretty good jolt. It did not last long at all. Made me a little nervous and I had to do a quick evaluation of who to grab first and make some sort of plan. I think Gusley was nervous but excited as this is the first one he really felt! I have flet one other one right after we moved out here, but none ever since. I am quite sure it will be the talk of the town tomorrow at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment